12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. ...
15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.
16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
East Side exists...
To honor and glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
To Grow in Faith We want to mature as disciples through vigorously engaging with the Word of God.
To Bring Hope to a dying world. We believe that people are looking for hope and healing. We believe that nothing else can offer the hope that is found in Jesus Christ.
To Be Known by Our Love Jesus commanded us to love as He loved. That means every person, every situation without judgement or condescension. We want to be known as people of love.
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership